Head out fully equipped and travel healthyOn: 2012-01-23 13:56 (339 Reads)
The cold of winter has begun and you want to catch some sun? A first-class idea to recharge those batteries. Now, before you take off, it’s important that you take care to protect your health and avoid bringing back those unwanted souvenirs from your travels.
Abroad you will be faced with a variety of health-related situations, new viruses and germs going round and also an increased risk of accidents! Trust your travel preparations to the most experienced health team to meet your needs: contact the Clinique Santé-voyage de la Fondation du CHUM !
Our services: travel advice, common vaccines and the more specialized ones, prescriptions, medical exams, post-travel follow-up and lots more.
When should you make an appointment? It’s never too early and never too late!
- Make an appointment six to eight weeks before your departure, if possible.
- To protect your health, better late than never: appointments without an appointment if required.
Have in hand:
- Your immunization booklet
- Your detailed travel itinerary (if needed)
- Your dates for departure and return (if needed)
- Details of any medical condition and your list of medications
Get the facts!
Other helpful links
Public Health Agency of Canada - Travel Health
Institut nationale de santé publique
Surveillance des actualités en santé des voyageurs